Spring HVAC Maintenance: What’s The Purpose?
Spring HVAC Maintenance
While it may seem like a hassle to have preventative maintenance performed on your HVAC system, it’s actually very simple and is well worth it. Warm weather will be here before you know it, and if you’re looking to breathe cleaner air, experience more comfortable temperatures, and save money on your energy bills this year, you’ll want to schedule your preventative maintenance tune-up!
Why get spring HVAC preventative maintenance?
Preventative maintenance is performed in the spring to prepare your air conditioner for warmer weather. Since your air conditioner has been sitting stagnant over the past few months, it’s good to have a professional ensure that all parts are working correctly before you turn it on for the first time this spring. This prevents the need for emergency repairs on those scorching hot summer days we experience in Childersburg, AL.
What are the benefits?
Spring HVAC maintenance has many benefits on top of preventing costly repairs. Preventative maintenance also improves your system’s efficiency, leaving many homeowners experiencing lower energy bills every month. System life is also extended with regular maintenance, so you won’t need a replacement for years to come. If you’ve recently replaced your system with an American Standard air conditioner, regular maintenance could have your system lasting 15 years or more, and keep your warranty intact. Spring HVAC maintenance also includes professional cleaning, improving your indoor air quality.
Sleeping Giant Spring HVAC Maintenance
When you become a member of a maintenance plan with Sleeping Giant, you can rest assured knowing your system will always be performing at its best. Here are some of the steps we take and checks we make on your comfort system during our spring HVAC preventative maintenance check-ups:
- Filter inspection
- Inside coil inspection and cleaning
- Primary & secondary drain inspections
- Blower components inspection and cleaning
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Inspection of all loose electrical connections and tightening where needed
- Monitor air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge
- Monitor voltage and average draw on all motors and heaters
- Monitor air conditioning and heating cycles
- Inspection of heat exchanger and burners-vacuum and/ or adjust as necessary
- Adjusting gas pressure as necessary
- Inspection of pilot operation and adjust as necessary
- Monitor flue draft for safe operation
- Testing safety operation
- Adjusting air flow for proper temperature rise and fall
- Inspection of thermostat operations
Signing up is easy and we work with you to schedule upcoming maintenance tune-ups. Visit our website today to learn more: https://sleepinggiantair.com/maintenance-plans/.
Is there anything I can do myself?
While becoming a member of our maintenance plan provides the promise of a more efficient and effective home comfort system, there are things you can do as well to ensure your system runs smoothly
- Regularly change your filter (every 1-3 months)
- Keep the area around the outdoor unit clean and free of debris
- Clean the air vents inside your home
- Ensure space is cleared around air vents inside your home
- Invest in a programmable thermostat to ensure maximum efficiency
- Have your comfort system serviced twice a year: fall and spring
- Contact Sleeping Giant HVAC with questions, service needs, and second opinions regarding your comfort system.
To sign up for spring HVAC maintenance, visit our website or call us at 256-378-6556. We are your locally owned American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning Customer Care Dealer in Childersburg, AL. We care about the comfort of your whole home and regularly provide tips and inspiration on home-related topics.